This week marks the 45th anniversary for Yeager Supply, a leading independent PVF distributor. Yeager Supply was started by Ed and Margaret Yeager in 1967, when they opened a shop in the old soda bottling plant at the corner of 6th and Amity streets in Reading, Pa., and made deliveries from the back of a lone 1956 Ford pickup truck. The small company grew over the years, steadily expanding business operations through and beyond the Reading area.
Yeager Supply vastly expanded its inventory capacity with the purchase of the old Reading Railroad Locomotive Shop, adding more than 280,000 square feet of enclosed warehouse space.
Today Yeager Supply employs more than 100 talented individuals in four offices, with 16 trucks making daily deliveries throughout Eastern Pennsylvania.
When Mr. Yeager was asked the secret to his success, he shared the wisdom he always tells his employees, “Take good care of the customer and everything else will take care of itself.”
Yeager will celebrate by hosting a trade show at the Inn at Reading on May 2. More than 40 vendors will have booths at the show and a dinner for vendors and all Yeager employees will follow.